HOME > Profile > TANG, Daiming
In situ electron microscopy; Carbon nanotubes; Nanoelectronics; Nanomechanics; Nanotransistors
Fabrication of carbon nanotube intramolecular transistors with a ultra-short channel length (2.8 nm), by altering the local helical structure (chirality), using a thermal-mechanical transformation method. Quantum transport is observed at room temperature due to the quantum confinement of the nanochannel.
PublicationsNIMS affiliated publications since 2004.
- Dai-Ming Tang, Sergey V. Erohin, Dmitry G. Kvashnin, Victor A. Demin, Ovidiu Cretu, Song Jiang, Lili Zhang, Peng-Xiang Hou, Guohai Chen, Don N. Futaba, Yongjia Zheng, Rong Xiang, Xin Zhou, Feng-Chun Hsia, Naoyuki Kawamoto, Masanori Mitome, Yoshihiro Nemoto, Fumihiko Uesugi, Masaki Takeguchi, Shigeo Maruyama, Hui-Ming Cheng, Yoshio Bando, Chang Liu, Pavel B. Sorokin, Dmitri Golberg. Semiconductor nanochannels in metallic carbon nanotubes by thermomechanical chirality alteration. Science. 374  (2021) 1616-1620 10.1126/science.abi8884
- Dai-Ming Tang, Dmitry G. Kvashnin, Ovidiu Cretu, Yoshihiro Nemoto, Fumihiko Uesugi, Masaki Takeguchi, Xin Zhou, Feng-Chun Hsia, Chang Liu, Pavel B. Sorokin, Naoyuki Kawamoto, Masanori Mitome, Hui-Ming Cheng, Dmitri Golberg, Yoshio Bando. Chirality transitions and transport properties of individual few-walled carbon nanotubes as revealed by in situ TEM probing. Ultramicroscopy. 194 (2018) 108-116 10.1016/j.ultramic.2018.07.012
- Dai-Ming Tang, Dmitry G. Kvashnin, Sina Najmaei, Yoshio Bando, Koji Kimoto, Pekka Koskinen, Pulickel M. Ajayan, Boris I. Yakobson, Pavel B. Sorokin, Jun Lou, Dmitri Golberg. Nanomechanical cleavage of molybdenum disulphide atomic layers. Nature Communications. 5  (2014) 10.1038/ncomms4631
- GOLBERG, Dmitri, WEI, Xianlong, Mingsheng Wang, Pedro M.F.J. Costa, TANG, Daiming, Zhi Xu, KAWAMOTO, Naoyuki, Ujjal K. Gautam, ZHI, Chunyi, MITOME, Masanori, BANDO, Yoshio. High-resolution transmission electron microscopy as a tool for nanomaterial property studies. Proceedings of APMC10-ICONN2012-ACMM22. 2012, 143-144
- TANG, Daiming, ZHOU, Xin, 夏 逢駿, BANDO, Yoshio, GOLBERG, Dmitri. Mechanical properties of 2D materials, scaling from monolayer to macroscale. 58th FNTG General Symposium. 2020
- TANG, Daiming. Electro-mechanical properties of 1D and 2D materials as revealed by in situ TEM. 9th Asian Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2018 (AsiaNANO 2018). 2018
- TANG, Daiming, Cui-Lan Ren, Ruitao Lv, Chang Liu, Hui-Ming Cheng, BANDO, Yoshio, MITOME, Masanori, MORI, Takao, GOLBERG, Dmitri. Amorphization and Directional Crystallization of Metals Confined in Carbon Nanotubes Investigated by in Situ Transmission Electron Microscopy. ISMANAM 2016. 2016
- Award for Encouragement of Research in IUMRS-ICA2014 (2014)
- Chirality engineering of single-walled carbon nanotubes by in situ TEM probing (2020)
- Investigations of the strain effects on the mobility of 10-nm Si transistors by in situ TEM (2013)